lunes, 18 de mayo de 2015

The last STAR is shining here!



Hello, my name is Rebeca Cascales Ribera and this week my role has been the STAR! The star is the role in charge of representing the weekly's job to the other's classmates. 


This week the role has been very interesting and a bit different, we had to prepare a Fakebook profile with each leadership style and show the classmates what we've learnt in a debate format but today, we have to choose a number which will tell us what our role in this activity is going to be, and in my case I have got the 'mediator' one.


The Fakebook profiles that my group had made was the following:
  •     Rebeca Cascales Ribera - Authoritarian Leader: 
        http://www.classtools.net/FB/1000-bbRk3e

  •     Marina Crevillén Fernandez - Transformational: http://www.classtools.net/FB/1162-jHhVAb

  •     Silvia García Martínez - Transactional:
        http://www.classtools.net/FB/1304-xN8ffg

  • María García Zamora - Participative Leader: http://www.classtools.net/FB/1098-H4hBQ2

Well, I had to prepare four general questions that include lot of knowledge of this topic with my group and then prepare the debate that our other stars had to defend. When the stars were with their groups preparing the information, ten minutes before starting I have told them the questions that we're going to ask them. 

The questions that we've written and we've asked for are the following:
1. What do you think that are the most crucial people for developing new projects and profound changes?


2. If there is a problem between teachers. Who are the person in charge of solving this? And, how would you do it?


3. What would you do as a Transactional/ Transformational/ Authoritarian/ Participative leader different from the others? What would you provide to the school?
  4. From your point of view, what do you think is the worst thing of your colleagues? 


Then, the debate has started, I had to control it, each group had two minutes to answer the question and as there were two people by group, it was one minute for each member. I asked the questions and they answer with order, respecting the turn when the others were speaking. 

  
Later, when they have finished the debate, our teacher Linda has reflected a bit of what they had done it well and bad, what they can improve, etc. 

Now, I'm going to speak about my experience as a mediator, I have never acted as a mediator, so it was something new to me. When I was asking the first question and controlling the time while the stars were answering I have realised that doing a debate is something difficult but controlling it too. I had to stop people when the time was off, I must stop them when they we're answering but this is something that I must do and I didn't do it. I think that I can do it better, but for being the first time it's not bad.

As a mediator, in my opinion I have to say that the stars have done it very well, there were lots of nervous, difficulties, bad organisations  but we learn from our own mistakes, so for people who have done it today, I have to say that they can improve and learn from today. So, I have to mark what is the best people who have defend it their ideals, and I think that Clara (KCKO) and Ana Isabel (Platypus), the transformational defenders, deserve this reward. Their way of expressing and caught their classmates attention has been crucial in their speech, so as they have taken my attention and I really "LOVE" their speaking parts, I'm going to say that they have win.

On the other side, as a group (Power Teachers), we've decided that it we have to chose a leader, we would chose a Participative Leader, because Gracia (Bussy Bees) and Noelia (Meerkats) have done it very well and they have explained correctly, showing that they want to improve for our welfare.

 Summarising, being the star this week has been very interesting, dynamic and entertaining. I would like to repeat this activity!

So bloggers, it has been a pleasure writting for you and I hope you have really enjoyed.

Rebeca:)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario