lunes, 16 de febrero de 2015

Here comes the STAR!

Hi! I am Silvia, the star of the group POWER TEACHERS this week. This Monday I have had to explain in which consists the TPACK model and how we can classify the different subjects that we have during this course in each component of the model.

I must recognize that I felt very nervous when I knew that I had to be the star, because we had not done any work yet and I do not know exactly what my obligation was. In addition, when we learnt about the task that we had to do I felt even more nervous because I do not feel very confident when I must speak to a big group, above all when I must speak in English. Anyway I should say that at least I have felt good when I have done the exposition, because little by little I have felt more confident and as the groups were formed by not many people I have not felt very nervous or embarrassed.

First of all I have started our exposition explaining the necessity to introduce the new technologies in the education and how it can be a difficult challenge for some teachers, who must to take into account the importance of the context to develop new and creative strategies in each situation and subject.

In the second place we have done a little summary about what are the three main components of the TPACK: content (teacher’s knowledge about the subject), pedagogy (teacher’s knowledge about the methods and processes of teaching and learning) and technology (the knowledge that helps us to develop different ways for accomplish different tasks).


In third place we have explained hoe this three elements interact between them, and to represent it more clearly we have used the combination of the three primary colours. In first place we have talked about the technological pedagogical knowledge (TPK), which is based in how the introduction of new technology can influence in the teaching and learning processes. In second place we find the technological content knowledge (TCK), which is how technologic and content interact and constrain one another. Thirdly, it is the pedagogical content knowledge (PCK), which is based in how the content of a subject can be transform when we use different methodology or pedagogical methods.



Finally, to finish with this first part of the exposition, I have explained how the interaction of the three main components gives us the TPACK (Technological Pedagogical and Content Knowledge), whose main aim is a good teaching with technology, for which is necessary a good understanding of technology, content and pedagogy, because it helps us to incorporate easier the technology in teaching, learning and people, especially teachers and students.


Now, to explain the second part of the task, we have been going to classify the different subjects in the different components of the TPACK, although I must say that in this part I have started classifying it in one form and at the end, in the last exposition, I have had to change some of the classifications. For example at first we have classify Spanish, English and Theories and Institutions in content, Sociology in technological content knowledge, Developmental Psychology, Educational Psychology and Diversification and Tutorial Action in pedagogical content knowledge and finally Planification, Research and ITC and School Organization and Educational Resources in TPACK. But at last, as I have said, we have had to change this classification because we had not understood properly what we had to do, because we had to classify the subjects taking into account how they would help us as teachers in the future. So finally, the classification of the subjects is: English and Spanish in content, Theories and Institution, Developmental Psychology, Educational Psychology and Diversification and Educational Context in pedagogic and, finally, Planification, Sociology, Research and ICT and School Organization and Educational Resources in Technological Pedagogical Knowledge.

First exposition

Last exposition



To finish with this post must say that, despite the nervousness, I think that it has been a very good experience in which I have felt good and have learnt more about the TPACK, in what it really consists, his components and how useful it can be for our future. Besides, I have learnt (in a correct form although at first we were wrong) how the subjects of these course can help us to develop this method as teachers.








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario